5 (OK, 6) Things You Need to Know Today: January 18
Improv Night and Boys' Basketball at the High School, a free movie at the Beech and more.
1. Two events to catch at Belmont High School tonight at 7 p.m.
1. Boys' Basketball, which beat Woburn High on Tuesday, takes on the always tall Lexington High Minutemen at the warm confines of Wenner Field House at Belmont High School. Make it a comfortable night by renting sofas for a donation to the Belmont Solar Car Club; you get a pizza and water for two and the best seats in the house.
2. The talented actors of Belmont High School's Performing Arts Company will be using all their skills and talents at the annual Improv Night, an always fun time, taking place in the Little Theater.
2. Come to the free Movie of the Month at the Beech Street Center which is “Just Go with It” beginning at 1 p.m. The 2011 romantic comedy stars Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston is a retelling of the 1969 film "Cactus Flower" which starred Walter Matthau, Ingrid Bergman and Goldie Hawn.
3. Well-loved local musician Liz Buchanan performs original songs and traditional favorites beginning at 10:30 a.m. in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library.
4. It's another Friday morning filled with Fun Nature & Animal Stories at the Benton Library. Beginning at 10:30 a.m., Denise Patnod leds the reading and craft activities for children between 3 and 5 years old. So come join the Benton Library staff and learn, listen and be silly! Registration is not required but parents and/or caregivers must attend.
5. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.