5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 13
Free lunchtime concert at the Beech, Friday night at the Benton and yoga at Plymouth.
1. April Recess begins when the final school bell rings this afternoon.
2. The Senior Book Discussion group will meet at 11 a.m. at the Beech Street Center to discuss one of the finest books ever written about the events leading up to the War of Independence, "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer. Don't miss it.
3. The Powers Music School faculty presents one in its series of Free Lunchtime Concerts of chamber music today at 1 p.m. at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St. The concert will feature Dimitar Petkov, viola, Ben Fox, oboe, Todd Brunel, clarinet and Levon Hovsepian and Natacha Rist on piano. The concert is sponsored in part by the Belmont Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency. For more information, call 617-993-2970 or 617-484-4696 or visit powersmusic.org
4. Spend this Friday night at the Benton Library, Belmont's community-run library. The library will be open from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., making this a great opportunity for those who can’t get to the library at other times to come and explore the Benton, browse, borrow and use the computers. Games are also available for those who wish to play. The library is at the corner of Oakley and Old Middlesex roads at 75 Oakley.
5. Drop-in on a Vinyasa-style yoga class, taught by professional instructors, at the Plymouth Congregational Church, at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Please bring your own mat. Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard and in the Claflin Street Parking Lot behind Belmont Center. The positioning will take place in Gardner Hall, at the back of the church – enter the hall from Alexander Street entrance. $10 for the session. Childcare is available for $6 per child. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.