5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 20
Town's annual report online, singing for the preschool crowd and happy 100th Fenway.
1. The town's 2011 Annual Report has just been released. But unlike past year's when you had to stroll down to Town Hall to grab a copy, now you can simply download it from the town's web page.
2. Well-loved local musician Liz Buchanan performs original songs and traditional favorites for pre-schoolers beginning at 10:30 a.m. in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library.
3. Drop-in on a Vinyasa-style yoga class, taught by professional instructors, at the Plymouth Congregational Church, at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Please bring your own mat. Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard and in the Claflin Street Parking Lot behind Belmont Center. The positioning will take place in Gardner Hall, at the back of the church – enter the hall from Alexander Street entrance. $10 for the session. Childcare is available for $6 per child. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
4. The Belmont Gallery of Art is now showing "Memories of Egypt," a collection includes abstract figurative paintings, monotypes and collages by Muriel Angelil. All are informed by her childhood experiences growing up in Alexandria, Egypt and are both autobiographical as well as observant of the environment in which she was raised. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Gallery located on the top floor of the Homer Building in the Town Hall complex.
5. Happy Centennial, Fenway Park. It's also the 96th birthday of Chicago's Wrigley Field.