5 Things You Need To Know Today: April 6
Good Friday and Passover begins tonight, early release and playtime at the library.
1. Today is both Good Friday and Passover, or Pesach, which begins at sunset tonight with the seder.
2. It's an early release day throughout the Belmont School District:
- Burbank: 8:40 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
- Butler: 8:40 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
- Wellington: 8:40 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
- 1/2 Day Kindergarten: 8:40 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
- Winn Brook: 8:50 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.
- 1/2 Day Kindergarten - 8:50 a.m. - 12:05 p.m.
• Chenery Middle School: 7:55 a.m. – 11 a.m.
• Belmont High School: 7:35 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
3. Playtime, a drop-in, informal playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers, where both children and adults can meet new friends, will take place in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room in the Belmont Public Library beginning at 10:30 a.m. Call the Children's Room at 617-993-2880 with any questions.
4. The Belmont Gallery of Art is now showing "Memories of Egypt," a collection includes abstract figurative paintings, monotypes and collages by Muriel Angelil. All are informed by her childhood experiences growing up in Alexandria, Egypt and are both autobiographical as well as observant of the environment in which she was raised. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Gallery located on the top floor of the Homer Building in the Town Hall complex.
5. Drop-in on a Vinyasa-style yoga class, taught by professional instructors, at the Plymouth Congregational Church, at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Please bring your own mat. Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard and in the Claflin Street Parking Lot behind Belmont Center. The positioning will take place in Gardner Hall, at the back of the church – enter the hall from Alexander Street entrance. $10 for the session. Childcare is available for $6 per child. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.