5 Things You Need to Know Today: August 13
Fall fees are due for high schoolers, Indian lunch and Partners group seeking members.
1. Student fees for all activities at Belmont High School in the Fine and Performing Arts and Fall Athletics – which includes football, soccer, volleyball, field hockey, girls swimming, cross country, cheerleading and golf – are due in two days on Wednesday, Aug. 15. Belmont Public Schools parents may now pay most school-related fees online. This service has been established to create a centralized and more efficient collection system.
2. The Beech Street Center will be holding an Indian luncheon catered by Punjab Restaurant at noon. Come meet the Center's South Asian Outreach Coordinator and enjoy delicious food with neighbors and friends. Please call the center at 617-993-2970.
3. Belmont Partners in Play is a new "Friends" organization created to promote the health and well being of Belmont residents by supporting safe and desirable parks and recreation facilities. For more information or to participate in this effort, visit its website or contact Ellen Schreiber at email@example.com or 617-290-6216.
4. Got a new digital camera but want to know how to use it? The Beech Street Center has two classes: “Get the most out of your digital camera,” and “Photoshop Elements for Digital Photos.” with instructor David Ching on Mondays and Wednesdays by appointment. Call 617-993-2970 for an appointment for either of these tutorials. For computer and digital photography tutoring, recommended donations to the Belmont Council on Aging of $10 are gratefully accepted.sssss
5. Happy Birthday, Annie Oakley. The inspiration for the Irving Berlin musical "Annie Get Your Gun" and America's first great female sportsman, was born on this day in 1860.