5 Things You Need to Know Today: August 15
Kids theater at the library, guys in tuxes singing at Payson Park and Woodfall Road tonight.
1. Winchester's Kidstock! Creative Theater has come to Belmont to present "Max and Suzy", an original theatrical performance. The show starts at 2 p.m. in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library.
2. Put on your tuxes and head over to the Payson Park Music Festival for tonight's concert featuring Four Guys in Tuxes, sponsored by Hammond Residential Real Estate. The fun starts around 6:15 p.m. at the Payson Park playground. Bring the kids, a blanket and dinner.
3. The Beech Street Center is holding a talk called "Countdown to 65: Planning for Medicare," today at 1 p.m. Learn what happens to your health insurance if you retire before 65 or continue to work after 65 as well as the items that supplemental Medicare programs cover.
4. Got a question or a gripe about town government or the services it provides? The Board of Selectmen will be holding office hours before its scheduled meeting at 7 p.m. on the second floor of Town Hall.
5. Talking about the Selectmen, they will holding a public discussion on the proposed sale of town-owned land off of Woodfall Road adjacent to the Belmont Country Club during their regularly scheduled meeting. There has been interest in the land from several developers including one who would place an end-of-life hospice on the site. The fun starts at 7 p.m. in the Selectmen's Room on the second floor of Town Hall.