5 Things You Need to Know Today: December 3
Chenery's Library Book Fair, Precincts meetings today and tomorrow, Brownsberger office hours.
1. The Chenery Middle School's Library Book Fair starts today running for the entire week. The fair, located on the second floor, runs from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday. On Thursday, four authors will be at the fair beginning at 4:30 p.m.
2. The Board of Selectmen along with Town Administrator Thomas Kale are holding the first of two nights of Precinct meetings so Town Meeting representatives and the public can hear an overview of potential capital projects and other issues facing the town in the coming year. Tonight from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Homer Building, residents from precincts 1, 2, 4 and 6 should attend.
3. State Sen. Will Brownsberger will be holding office hours in the Claflin Room of the Belmont Public Library from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Stop by to discuss any issues or concerns or just to chat. If you would like to speak with Senator Brownsberger directly, you can always call him at 617-771-8274. Brownsberger has a number new postings on his website WillBrownsberger.com including "The Next Couple of Years" in which he discusses his legislative priorities for the new two-year session beginning in January in addition to his five-piece "Notes on Inequality" series.
4. This is the final week in which leaves and yard waste will be collected this year by the town. Just remember there is a proper way to collect leafs for pick-up.
5. If you have questions about the town or town services, the Belmont Board of Selectmen has carved out time between 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. in the Selectmen's Room on the second floor of Town Hall which a member of the board will speak to citizens or in the very beginning of the meeting if you would like to speak on the record.