5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 3
Brown bag talk at the library, hoops tonight and dancin' at the Beech.
1. Warrant Committee Chairwoman Elizabeth Allison will be the featured speaker at the Belmont League of Women Voters' Brown Bag Lunch from noon to 1 p.m. in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library. Allison will speak on the results of the Warrant Committee's review of possibly regionalizing various town functions. Bring a sandwich; beverages and cookies will be provided.
2. Playtime, a drop-in, informal playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers, where both children and adults can meet new friends, will be held in the downstairs Assembly Room at the Belmont Public Library beginning at 10:30 a.m.
3. The Belmont Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will see Arlington High School Hoopsters for the second time this season; the Girls' won the first encounter while the Boys' were sunk under a barrage of three pointers. The Girls' game gets underway at 5:30 p.m. while the Boys' start at 7 p.m. Both games are at Belmont High School's Wenner Field House.
4. Get out those dancin' shoes: there is Open Dancing at the Beech Street Center beginning at 1 p.m. A DJ will play nostalgic music for open ballroom and line dancing.
5. Life's A Bead at 404 Trapelo Rd. is now offers a great opportunity for anyone who's interested in getting started in beading. Today at 11:30a.m., the store is offering a free beginner beader class. Learn the difference between different beads, stringing materials, findings, etc. And of course, learn how to crimp.