5 Things You Need to Know Today: February 15
Brownsberger Office Hours at the Beech, Girls' Hoops' final regular season game and what's old is new again at the Gallery.
1. State Sen. Will Brownsberger's Chief of Staff Barbara Miranda will be holding office hours at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St., from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Stop by to discuss any issues or concerns or just to chat about government or anything that the senator can do for you.
2. It is the final game of the regular season for the tournament-bound Belmont High Girls' Hoops and the girl's will be at the High School's Wenner Field House at 7 p.m. hosting a quite strong Lexington High School squad. It will also be Senior's Night as the team honors those 12th grade players who are playing their final home game.
3. "New/Old Group,"a photography exhibit featuring the work of artists Elaine Fisher, Eric Myrvaagnes and A. David Wunsch at the Belmont Gallery of Art on the third floor of the Homer Building in the Town Hall Complex, will be open this evening. Come see the exhibit before heading out for dinner.
4. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
5. Here's a cool heads up for Middle Schoolers looking for something to do during next week's winter break: Build your own Walkalong Glider with Belmont expert Phil Rossoni at the Belmont Public Library. It's not an airplane, but something much more fascinating as participants fly their own creations using their hands or cardboard. Check out this interview & demo. The activity, geared towards fifth graders and older, will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 19 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Library's Assembly Room. Registration is required so sign-up online, by phone, or stop by the reference desk.