5 Things You Need to Know Today: February 28
The last day of winter (really!), get your Spring Fundraiser tickets before it's too late and Middle School book group.
1. Today is the last day of "winter"; meteorological winter. This is the method of measuring the winter season used by meteorologists based on "sensible weather patterns" for record-keeping purposes which corresponds to the months of December, January and February in the Northern Hemisphere. So let's all be happy!
2. Your RSVP keep-the-date reply deadline to grab the few remaining tickets for the Foundation for Belmont Education's 2013 Spring Fundraiser celebrating the group's 20th anniversary, is tomorrow, March 1. So go to the FBE website and make sure you have your tickets to the town's annual shindig.
3. The monthly Book Discussion Group for fifth and sixth graders from the Chenery Middle School will be held from 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Flett Room (across from the Children's Room) in the Belmont Public Libary.
4. Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Beech Street Center at 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.
5. Infant Lapsit Storytime is for infants and pre-walkers. Enjoy songs, finger plays, and rhymes chosen especially for our littlest readers of the Belmont Public Library. The sit down takes place between 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room.