5 Things You Need to Know Today: February 6
Jazz concert postpond, boys hoops vs. Malden and Benton's monthly Book Group.
1. If you were expecting a great night of jazz with performers from Belmont High and Chenery Middle schools, the concert has been postpond from tonight to May 7, according to Arto Asadoorian, director of fine and performing arts.
2. The monthly Benton Library Book Group is meeting at 4 p.m. at Belmont's independent, volunteer-run library at the corner of Old Middlesex and Oakley Road. The group will be discussing “The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt’s Darkest Journey” by Candace Miller. Newcomers are welcome even if they have not read the book. The book group meets on the first Wednesday of every month.
3. It's the penultimate home game for Belmont High School Boys' Hoops as the Marauders take on Malden High School at 7 p.m. in the Wenner Field House at Belmont High.
4. The Children's Room is offering Singalong with Julie from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Julie Goetz, singer and guitarist, has been entertaining children here for more than 20 years. The singing will is held at the Belmont Public Library.
5. Come to the Beech Street Center and learn how to draw and use graphite and colored pencils, charcoal and watercolors with Catherine Tang and her assistant, Christin Kim, a pair of Advanced Placement Studio Art students at Belmont High School. The classes are from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. every Wednesday until mid-April. Those who wish to take the class can attend as many or as few classes as they wish.