5 Things You Need to Know Today: February 7
Playful parenting workshop at St. Joe's, honors concert at the Chenery, LEGOS (twice) at the Library.
1. The Belmont Cooperative Nursery School is hosting a workshop by "Playful Parenting" author Dr. Larry Cohen from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. in the social hall of St. Joseph Parish located at 130 Common St. Cohen is a licensed psychologist specializing in children's play and play therapy. Dr. Cohen is also the co-author, of "The Art of Roughhousing" and two books about children's friendships. Tickets are $10 per person at the door.
2. It is a night to have your socks knocked off by the talented student musicians up on the stage performing at the Chenery Middle School Honors Concert taking place in the school's auditorium beginning at 7 p.m.
3. The LEGOS Club is back in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library. If your child is in kindergarten through second grade and loves to create and build with all those tiny plastic pieces, this is the place to be. Due to popular demand, there are two, hour-long sessions beginning at 3:15 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. Sign-up is required so stop by the Children's Room or call 617-993-2880 to register but hurry as space is limited.
4. Loved by library patrons, Belmont High School's Teen Techs – the town's own Geek Squad – is back helping users out smart their smartphone and every other tech device. Teen Tech Tutor sessions are available today from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sign-up is required, and space is limited. Register on-line or call the reference desk at 617-993-2870.
5. Infant Lapsit Storytime is for infants and pre-walkers where they can enjoy songs, finger plays, and rhymes chosen especially for the littlest patrons of the Belmont Public Library. From 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Flett Room.