5 Things You Need to Know Today: January 10
BAR meeting tonight, elementary school book group and pre-walkers have their time at the library.
1. Belmont Against Racism is holding a meeting in the Staff Room of the Belmont Public Library, 336 Concord Ave. from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. It will be the final meeting before the annual Martin Luther King Community Breakfast which BAR sponsors. Belmont Against Racism promotes dialogue, awareness, and understanding about prejudice and celebrates diversity in Belmont. Meetings are open to the public.
2. It's never too early to join a book discussion group. In fact, the third and fourth grade book discussion group will be meeting between 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room of the Belmont Public Library.
3. Infant Lapsit Storytime is for infants and pre-walkers where they can enjoy songs, finger plays, and rhymes chosen especially for the littlest patrons of the Belmont Public Library. From 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Flett Room.
4. Do you like to swim? The Fernald Pool in Waltham is open to Beech Street Center participants free of charge on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. The pool's water temperature is 92 degrees and other people may be using it, and transportation is available to Belmont residents/Center participants who are 60 years old or older. For more information, call the center at 617-993-2970.
5. Yoga tonight in Gardiner Hall at Plymouth Congregational Church at 582 Pleasant St. at 7 p.m. (Enter on Alexander Street). Taught by professionals in the Vinyasa style. Bring your own mat. All levels welcome. $10 per class. Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.