5 Things You Need to Know Today: January 22
School Committee meeting cancelled, Boys' Hoops host Wildcats and learn about losing your hearing.
1. The Belmont School Committee meeting scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at the Chenery Middle School is cancelled due to the death of School Committee member Dan Scharfman.
2. Belmont High School Boys' Basketball will host the Wilmington High Wildcats at 7 p.m. at Belmont High School's Wenner Field House.
3. "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Hearing Loss," will be presented by Jonathan O'Dell, the director of CATTS (Communication Access, Training and Technology Services) at the Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, at 1:15 P.M. at the Beech Street Center. From hearing loss to hearing aids, cochlear implants and assisted listening devices, come and learn all you’ve ever wanted to know about the process of losing and regaining your hearing.
4. Storytime at the Benton Library of the New Year begins at 10:30 a.m. There will be word plays, stories and activities for children ages 2 years, 9 months to 5 years. Parents or caregivers must be present for the entire session. Younger siblings may attend with their parents. The library will be open today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
5. It's Storytime at the Belmont Public Library: Story time for 2's and 3's, songs and movement are part of the story time experience for children ages 2 and 3, will be held at the Belmont Public Library's Children's Room. The fun begins at 9:30 a.m. and then again (for you late risers) from 10:30 a.m. Storycraft for 4's, 5's, and 6's will be held at 3:15 p.m.