5 Things You Need to Know Today: January 30
Have hot chocolate with your homework at the library, hoops will win this afternoon, storytime for toddlers.
1. Chenery Middle School students: It's early release Wednesday so you have some time to spend before you go home. So head over to the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., bring your homework and warm up with free hot chocolate. This is for fifth through eighth graders only. No sign-up required, just show up.
2. Belmont High Girls' Hoops will be hosting Worcester's North High School at 5:30 p.m. in Belmont High School's Wenner Field House. And Belmont's wrestlers will be grappling less than a mile away at Watertown High School at 7 p.m. in their final duel meet of the season.
3. Storytime for 1's will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Belmont Public Library's Flett Room across from the Children's Room. The program shares simple stories, songs, finger plays, nursery rhymes and puppets for walkers and toddlers under 24 months.
4. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.
5. Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Beech Street Center at 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.