5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 27
Walking, beading, reading and other Belmont-styled Olympic events.
1. Beech Street Center Friday morning walks at 9:30 a.m. have resume. Join a friendly group of people for a gentle walk around the neighborhood.
2. The Belmont Public Library closes at 5 p.m. today and open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. It is closed on Sundays.
3. Town offices and departments will be closing their doors at 1 p.m. on Fridays over the summer.
4. Life's A Bead at 404 Trapelo Rd. offers a great opportunity for anyone who's interested in getting started in beading. At 11:30 a.m., the store is offering a free beginner beader class. Learn the difference between different beads, stringing materials, findings, etc. And of course, learn how to crimp.
5. The opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in London will be held today so please, no breaking news in Belmont during the broadcast.