5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 11
Town Administrator's vote, Lisa's wonderful photography, the League is meeting tonight.
1. Belmont will have a new Town Administrator when the Belmont Board of Selectmen vote around 9 a.m. at Town Hall between one of the two finalists for the position left vacant since late October.
2. This is the final week to see Belmont Patch's columnist Lisa Gibalerio's inaugural photography show at the Belmont Media Center located at 9 Lexington St. in the heart of Waverley Square. The BMC is open Monday – Friday, noon to 8 p.m. and Saturdays noon to 5 p.m. The exhibit closes on June 16.
3. This is the final week of school for the Belmont School District. If you think the closing date of Thursday, June 14 is earlier than previous years, you are correct; Place the blame on Mother Nature as there was not a single snow day this winter.
4. At 11 a.m. meet and greet Rita Shah, Belmont Council on Aging's South Asian Outreach Coordinator while enjoying a wonderful lunch from a new restaurant, “Mughals.” Rita would like to develop programs in the South Asian community to provide companionship for frail and isolated elders. Her regular hours are Mondays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Luncheon registration is required. There is limited seating with a $2 suggested donation. Call 617-993-2970.
5. Members and the general public are welcome to attend the Board meeting of the Belmont League of Women Voters being held from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library. It is going to be a busy year for the League with elections on the local and national level dominating the calendar so anyone wishing to volunteer their time is more than welcome.