5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 20
Brown opens the Payson Park Festival, eat your landscape, shelving books and summer arrives today.
Sorry the 5 Things is late coming out. I needed to find a mouse.
1. American Idol finalist Ayla Brown opens the Payson Park Music Festival season tonight at 6:45 p.m. so get out of your stiffling houses and bring the kids for a great night of music.
2. Belmont's own Elizabeth Gourley will speak on "Edible Landscaping" at the Belmont Public Library's Assembly Room at 7 p.m. The talk will discuss the various ways gardeners may incorporate edible plantings into their existing ornamental landscapes. This free program is sponsored by the Belmont Food Collaborative. All are welcome to attend.
3. Teens, here is a great way to spend the summer, get your community service obligations done and not sweat in the process. Come to the Young Adults Room of the Belmont Public Library at 3 p.m. today and learn how to shelve books. It's a great summer volunteer opportunity with flexible scheduling.
4. Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Beech Street Center at 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.
5. Summer officially begins at 7:09 p.m. this evening. For a preview, go outside at 3 p.m.