5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 26
Pre-schooler caregivers meeting, yoga and Cushing Village is back.
1. The first meeting of the Moms & Caregivers Summer Group at the Benton Library, an informal summer group especially for those caring for pre-schoolers. Come to the Benton at 10:30 a.m. Books and toys are available for your children. Newcomers are welcome.
2. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.
3. The Belmont Planning Board will hear information concerning the latest blueprints for the Cushing Village retail and housing complex at Common Street and Trapelo Road from developer Chris Starr and his team. It will be heard at Town Hall at 7:30 p.m.
4. Tuesdays at 10 a.m., the Belmont Senior Center at the Beech Street Center is sponsoring morning walks. Join a friendly group of people for a gentle walk around the Town Field neighborhood.
5. On this day in 1963, President Kennedy gave his "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech, underlining the support of the United States for democratic West Germany.