5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 1
Flowers amongst the books, Benton open late today and National Pig Day.
1. Celebrate the beauty of flowers and books by joining the Friends of the Belmont Public Library and the Belmont Garden Club at its annual "Books in Bloom" reception from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Belmont Public Library. Those attending can enter a free drawing for lovely arrangements donated by local florists. Tickets are available at the Library's main Circulation desk at $15 in advance and $20 at the door.
2. What better way then to head over the Benton Library from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. to begin the weekend early as Belmont's volunteer library opens its doors to residents and Browse and borrow. Look at the latest New York Times best sellers. Use our Wi-Fi. The Benton is open on the firs Friday evening.ds
3. The filing deadline to apply for the 2013 Town of Belmont Scholarship for graduating Seniors is Monday, March 4. Go to the town's website to download the application from the Treasurer’s Department.
4. Morning yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
5. National Pig Day is held annually on ths day in the midwest of the United States "to accord the pig its rightful, though generally unrecognized, place as one of man's most intellectual and domesticated animals."