5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 6
Election day, Gallery show closing and things for toddlers to do.
1. It's the Massachusetts Presidential Primaries today. Go out and vote.
2. This is the final week that the Belmont Gallery of Art hosts the Newton Art Association's 2012 James King Bonnar Award Show presenting the work of more than 60 NAA members. Founded in 1949, the Newton Art Association now has a membership of 190 artists and art enthusiasts represents all visual arts media from drawing to sculpture. The show ends March 11.
3. Story times for children ages 2 and 3, in which songs and movement are part of the story time experience, will take place for early risers at 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and then again from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Held across the hallway from the Children's Room in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library. For children aged four to five, Story craft for 4's and 5's will begin with a story followed by a simple craft. The storytelling will take place in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room from 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
4. Pre-school Story Time is being held in the Benton Library, Belmont's only independent, volunteer-run library, at 10:30 a.m. This popular 45-minute program is geared to children ages 3, 4 and 5. Parents and caregivers must be present during the program. Sign up is not required.
5. On this day in history: Thirty-one years ago, in 1981, the CBS Evening News' Walter Cronkite signs off for the final time.