5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 15
Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. A gluten-free Thanksgiving? Find out at this pre-Thanksgiving cooking demonstration presented by Ellen Allard, the Gluten-Free Diva in the Belmont Public Library's Assembly Room from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Allard is a recipe developer, food writer and photographer whose gluten-free cooking and baking classes encourage people to change their diets and improve their lives.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Belmont Public Library, this program is free, but registration is required and attendance is limited. To sign up, call the library's Reference Desk at 617-993-2870.
2. Considering installing solar panels on your south-facing rooftop or in the backyard? Then you may be interested in the public hearing concerning the first-in-the-state zoning regulations for solar energy systems submitted by the Planning Board. It takes place at 7:15 p.m. in the Board of Selectmen's meeting room in Town Hall.
3. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
4. Benton Library's Pre-school Story Time is a 45-minute program geared toward children between 3 and 5. It features a variety of stories, as well as music, finger plays and/or a craft. Parents and caregivers must remain with their preschooler during the program. Sign up is not required. The program begins at 10 a.m.
5. Storytimes for children ages 2 and 3, in which songs and movement are part of the storytime experience, will take place for early risers at 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and then again from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Held across the hallway from the Children's Room in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library. For children aged four to five, Storycraft for 4's and 5's will begin with a story followed by a simple craft. The storytelling will take place in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room from 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.