5 Things You Need to Know Today: November 15
Remembering things, book fair at Wellington, book discussion group for middle schoolers.
1. It’s often difficult to understand how our memory works. How do we remember things and not others? Come to the Understanding Memory lecture at 1 p.m. at the Beech Street Center. Presented by the Greater Medford Visiting Nurses Association’s Michelle Caron, this program will outline how memory works and how the brain functions in terms of using our memory to best serve us in daily life.
2. Wellington PTO book fair continues today from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the school at 121 Orchard St. Great stocking stuffing ideas and children and teen gifts.
3. Book discussion group for Chenery Middle School fifth and sixth graders will be held from 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Flett Room of Belmont Public Library.
4. Infant Lapsit Storytime is for infants and pre-walkers. Enjoy songs, finger plays, and rhymes chosen especially for our littlest readers in the Flett Room (across from the Children's Room) from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Belmont Public Library.
5. Yoga tonight in Gardiner Hall at Plymouth Congregational Church at 582 Pleasant St. at 7 p.m. (Enter on Alexander Street). Taught by professionals in the Vinyasa style. Bring your own mat. All levels welcome. $10 per class. Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School