5 Things You Need to Know Today: November 16
Brownsberger's meeting with the folks, sing-a-longs at the libraries, Friday Coffeehouse.
1. State Sen. Will Brownsberger will be holding office hours in Belmont between 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Beech Street Center located at 266 Beech St. Come by to discuss any issues or concerns or just to chat. If you would like to speak with Brownsberger but can't get to his office hours, you can always call him at 617-771-8274.
2. Folk music artist Dean Stevens, who is known for his charitable work in Central America, is the lead act at tonight's Friday Coffeehouse at First Church in Belmont that begins at 7:30 p.m. Jim Hall, one of the founders of the coffeehouse a quarter century ago, is the opening act. A $10 donation will benefit Bristol Lodge in Waltam.
3. At Belmont's independent library, Mathilde Duffy will lead a sing-a-long for pre-schoolers at the Benton Library starting at 10:30 a.m. Registration is not required. Parents or caregivers must be present.
4. It's the last day for the annual Wellington Elementary School Book Fair which will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Get those holiday gifts now.
5. Well-loved local musician Liz Buchanan performs original songs and traditional favorites for children from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Assembly Room of Belmont Public Library.