5 Things You Need to Know Today: November 9
A Christmas Carol at the High School, Gallery of Art showing locals and seniors discussing "The Scottish Play."
1. Belmont High School's Performing Arts Company under the direction of Christorpher Brindley presents the High School world premier of "A Christmas Carol" tonight at 7 p.m. in the Belmont High School auditorium. Get your tickets early and online for this outstanding show. It is $15 online and $18 at the door.
2. The Senior Book Discussion Group will be discussing "the Scottish Play": William Shakespeare's MacBeth at 11 a.m. at the Beech Street Center at 266 Beech St. All are welcome to attend. If you are interested in joining the group, please call Librarian Miriam MacNair at 617-993-2875.
3. The Youth, Chancel and Junior Choirs of the First Church in Belmont, Unitarian Universalist are presenting Rogers and Hammerstein's "The Sound of Music" tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the church, 404 Concord Ave. Tickets are $12 and can be purchased online. Call 617-484-0180 for more information.
4. Go see the Belmont Gallery of Art's third biannual all-Belmont juried show, “02478: Memory” featuring the work of 41 local artists, today between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m in the Gallery Hall located on the top floor of the Homer Building in the Town Hall complex. It's free and open to the public.
5. At 10:30 a.m., the Benton Library – the town's all volunteer library – is hosting Friday Morning Story Time for children 3 through 5. Parents or caregivers must be in attendance. Registration is not required. The library is open every Friday morning from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.