5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 11
Market Day in Belmont, Community Preservation money and girls' soccer under the lights.
1. It's Market Day in Belmont from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. behind Macy's in Belmont Center. Gustazo Cuban Restaurant and Cafe will be at the Market at 3 p.m. offering samples of Cuban cuisine. Stop by and see what this Belmont restaurant has to offer.
2. Need some money for a project to preserve historic places, expand affordable housing and promote open spaces? The town has $2 million to spread around in its Community Preservation Act fund. Come learn more at 7 p.m. at a public meeting of the Community Preservation Committee in the Board of Selectmen's Room of Town Hall.
3. Belmont High School Girls' Soccer will be playing under the lights at Harris Field, hosting Arlington which defeated the Marauders earlier this year, 4-2. It's payback time.
4. Upper-level elementary school kids: there is a book discussion group just for third and fourth graders. Come join them today from 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Belmont Public Library in the Children's Work Room.
5. Yoga tonight in Gardiner Hall of Plymouth Congregational Church at 582 Pleasant St. at 7 p.m. (Enter on Alexander Street). Taught by professionals in the Vinyasa style. Bring your own mat. All levels welcome. $10 per class.
Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.