5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 23
One book one Belmont, Volleyball, and yoga.
1. One Book One Belmont - the town-wide reading program of The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta – will culminate with a talk by Mr. Perrotta, at 7:30 p.m. at the Beech Street Center.
2. The Belmont High School Volleyball teams will be holding a youth clinic for boys and girls between third and eighth grade from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Wenner Field House at Belmont High School.
3. Story times for children ages 2 and 3, in which songs and movement are part of the story time experience, will take place for early risers at 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and then again from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Held across the hallway from the Children's Room in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library. For children aged four to five, Story craft for 4's and 5's will begin with a story followed by a simple craft. The storytelling will take place in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room from 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
4. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.
5. Belmont's Benton Library Pre-School Story Time is back beginning at 10:30 a.m. For children ages 2 1/2 to 5, this event features stories, word plays, and other activities. Siblings are welcome; parents or caretakers must be in attendance throughout the session. Registration is not required.