5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 26
Meet the Chief, football at the Harris under the Friday Night Lights, story time at the Benton.
1. Belmont League of Women Voters is holding a meet and greet with Belmont Police Chief Richard McLaughlin at noon in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library. Chief McLaughlin will speak about about Belmont's regional cooperation with Northeastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council. The talk is open to the public; bring a sandwich, beverages and dessert will be provided.
2. It's the final regular season game under the Friday Night Lights of Harris Field as Belmont High School Football takes on Lexington at 6 p.m.
3. At 10:30 a.m., the Benton Library – the town's all volunteer library – is hosting Friday Morning Story Time for children 3 through 5 led by Denise Patnod. Parents or caregivers must be in attendance. Registration is not required. The library is open every Friday morning from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
4. Playtime – a drop-in, informal playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers where both children and adults can meet new friends – is happening at 10:30 a.m. in the Children's Room of the Belmont Public Library.
5. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.