5 Things You Need to Know Today: October 5
Belmont Art Gallery open 'til 4 p.m., the Benton has story time in the a.m. and open tonight.
1. Lee Strasburger’s one-woman show “Anatomy of Melancholy,” presented by the Belmont Gallery of Art as part of One Book One Belmont, the town-wide reading program, is open today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2. The Benton Library, Belmont's independent and all volunteer-run library, is open in the evening on the first Friday of the month from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. It's a great time to explore, borrow and use the children's section informally.
3. And on this morning at 10:30 a.m., the Benton is hosting Friday Morning Story Time for children 3 through 5 led by Denise Patnod. Parents or caregivers must be in attendance. Registration is not required. The library is open every Friday morning from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
4. Playtime is a drop-in, informal playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers, where both children and adults can meet new friends. The fun starts at 10:30 a.m. in the Children's Room of the Belmont Public Library. Call the Children's Room at 617-993-2880 with any questions.
5. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.