5 Things You Need to Know Today: September 11
Storytime is back at the library, Continuing Ed in Belmont and yoga.
1. Storytime is back at the Belmont Public Library: Story time for 2's and 3's. Songs and movement are part of the story time experience for children ages 2 and 3. At the Belmont Public Library's Children's Room. The fun begins at 9:30 a.m. and then again (for you late risers) from 10:30 a.m. Storycraft for 4's, 5's, and 6's will be held at 3:15 p.m.
2. Belmont Community Education classes are getting started for the fall season. Please visit www.belmont.k12.ma.us and select Community Education to register online, browse our catalogue, or search for a specific course.
3. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.
4. Tuesdays at 10 a.m., the Belmont Senior Center at the Beech Street Center conducts its morning walk. Join a friendly group of people for a gentle walk around the Town Field neighborhood.
5. The Benton Library, Belmont's independent and volunteer-run library, will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Enjoy a great community asset: read a book, let the kids roam the childrens section or play one of the board games. The Benton is at Old Middlesex and Oakley roads.