5 Things You Need to Know Today: September 27
Deval on Patch, Market Day in Belmont, special meeting planning the new library.
1. Just a reminder, if you want a chance to speak to Gov. Deval Patrick live, come to Belmont Patch at 1 p.m. and join in on the LIVEChat with Patrick.
2. It's Market Day in Belmont – only one month left in the season! – and shoppers will have a treat as Cafe Burrito, the instantly popular new Mexican cafe adjacent to the Studio Cinema, is having a tasting at 4 p.m. Occasional vendors this week will be Coastal Vineyards, Wild Acre Inns, Stow Greenhouses, Buttergirl Baking Co., Nutting Farm maple products, Janique's Delicious Madeleines, along with all of the weekly vendors.
3. A special planning meeting of the Board of Library Trustees, the Friends of Belmont Public Library and the Belmont Library Foundation will take place at 7 p.m. in the Flett Room to discuss a new library for the town.
4. It's the always popular Infant Lapsit Storytime being held in the Flett Room (across from the Children's Room) at 10:30 a.m. at the Belmont Public Library. It's for infants and pre-walkers who will enjoy songs, finger plays and rhymes chosen especially for our littlest readers.
5. On this day (night) in 1954, was the nationwide debut of "Tonight Starring Steve Allen" – later changed to "The Tonight Show" – hosted by Steve Allen on NBC. Insomniacs thank you.