Night Three of Town Meeting: Budgets and Money
Representatives will review how the town spend available revenue.
It's all about the money.
Belmont's annual Town Meeting will resume tonight at 7 p.m. at Belmont High School's auditorium with representatives set to debate how to spend the town's fund.
The third night of Belmont's yearly gathering of the town's legislative body will discuss and vote on the budgets for all town departments and the schools.
In addition, Town Meeting will go over the Capital Budget which allocated nearly $2.6 million for projects and roads.
The Belmont Media Center will broadcast the preceedings on Channels 8 on COMCAST and 28 on VERIZON and well as online.
And Belmont Patch will also following the meeting live with a continuing updated article begining at 7 p.m.
The schedule for Wednesday night will be:
• Article 1: Reports by Community Preservation Committee and from State Sen. Will Brownsberger.
• Article 4: The fiscal 2013 Budget
• Article 6: Contributory Pensions (DISMISSED)
• Article 10: Revolving Funds
• Article 8/8B: Capital Budget and Roads
• Article 7: Highway Improvements
• Article 9: Water/Sewer/Stormwater Services
• Article 12: Water Main Replacement Program
• Article 13: DEP Sewer/Stormwater Loan Program
• Article 14: Landfill Stabilization Fund
• Article 5: Salaries of Elected Officials
• Article 11: Community Preservation Act
• Article 3: Transfers