Veterans Day: What's Closed, What's Open
While many of us will be at work, government offices and schools are closed.
On Monday, Nov. 12 the country and Belmont observes Veterans Day, a national holiday established in 1926 to honor men and women who have served in the military. Here's a quick round-up of what's open and closed in Belmont.
If you know of more businesses that are open or closed, help out your fellow neighbors by leaving the info in the comments.
- Belmont Public Schools
- Belmont Town Hall and other town offices
- State and federal offices including Belmont's two post offices.
- Belmont Public Library
- Most banks will be closed to observe the holiday
- MBTA bus, subway, trolley and commuter rail lines will operate on a regular weekday schedule. THE RIDE Service will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Restaurants (Belmont Center will be humming)
- Convenience Stores
- Beer and wine stores
- Retail stores (check with your local retailers first)
- Trash and recycling pickup in Belmont will be delayed by one day