1. Belmont Acres Farm's Farm Stand is open today from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Enter via the main gate on Glenn Road; the stand is located in the barn with parking to the right. They have two types of garlic, three of kale and onions, four varieties of squash and five types of tomatoes for sale.
2. You want to dance? Belmont High's 12th graders will get a chance to socialize and use the breathalyzer as the school holds its Senior Dance Party tonight beginning at 7 p.m.
3. Playtime, a drop-in, informal playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers, where both children and adults can meet new friends, will meet in the Children's Room of the Belmont Public Library at 10:30 p.m. Call the Children's Room at 617-993-2880 with any questions.
4. The Belmont High School Girls' Volleyball and Swimming teams will take to the water and court this afternoon at 4 p.m. to take on Woburn and Stoneham respectively while over at Harris Field, Football will be under the lights as Belmont hosts the Minutemen of Lexington High School at 6 p.m.
5. On this day in 1540, Pope Paul III established the Society of Jesus, or Jesuits, as a religious order.