1. Today at 2 p.m. at the intersection of Belmont Street and Trapelo Road near the entrance to Oakley Country Club in Watertown, state and town officials will be officially breaking ground on the long-awaited reconstruction of the Belmont/Trapelo Corridor Project, the one-year plus long construction project to reconstruct and pave the main thoroughfare through Belmont from Waltham to Cambridge.
2. The Belmont Public Library's senior book discussion group will meet on at 11 a.m. at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St. to discuss the classic "The Age of Innocence," by Edith Wharton.
3. Sewer and drain relining will be occurring on Creeley Road/Beech Street and on Goden Street. Be prepared for the narrowing of the road or detours.
4. At 1 p.m., The Beech Street Center's Movie of the Month is the 2012 British comedy, “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” which features family dramas, love stories, and long-lost loves, all set in a hotel geared towards British pensioners. Bring the popcorn.
5. In sports, Belmont High School football will be under the lights of Harris Field as the boys take on Woburn at 6 p.m. The marching band will be there and there will be hot dogs for sale.