1. Come join the members of the Belmont Woman's Club at 6 p.m. at the Belmont Hill School's Wadsworth Room for wine and dinner highlighted by a fashion show by the Belmont Center clothing store, Revolve, featuring "Women of Belmont." The dinner and show will take place in the Wadsworth Room at the Belmont Hill School. The dinner is being catered by Bon Appetit and there will be raffles. Tickets are $65 ($25 is tax deductible). Purchase tickets at Revolve-Belmont Center or call 617-484-7900 or 617-484-5524. The proceeds benefits Preservation of the William Flagg Homer House, scholarships and philanthropies.
2. The Belmont Underwood Pool Building Committee will be reviewing three design firms and will select one to draw up blueprints for a new pool and bathhouse at 5:30 p.m. in Conference Room 1 in Town Hall.
3. Infant Lapsit Storytime at the Belmont Public Library is for infants and pre-walkers. Come enjoy songs, finger plays and rhymes chosen especially for our littlest readers. The fun starts in the Flett Room at 10:30 a.m.
4. Register for the inaugural Dan Scharfman Memorial 5K Race and 1-Mile Run on Nov. 17, at 9:30 a.m. at the Belmont High School Track at www.fbe-belmont.org/race. T-shirts will be provided to the first 300 registrants.
5. On this day in 1940, the 40-hour work week went into effect in the United States.