1. The Second Friday Coffeehouse of the First Church in Belmont, Unitarian-Universalist, 404 Concord Ave., will feature Polly & Anand, a folk duo based in Pioneer Valley in a concert beginning at 7:30 p.m. Their music is characterized by sweet, soft harmonies, original, soulful lyrics, deceptively simple arrangements, and beautifully blended voices. Opening the night is Bridget Curzi, gifted vocalist and multi-instrumentalist.
2. Happy Birthday, Beech Street Center. At 1:15 p.m. all residents are invited to help celebrate the fourth anniversary of the opening of the Center to dance or simply listen to Bo Winiker and his orchestra and partake of some delicious refreshments. This is a free event.
3. At 10:30 a.m., Denise Patnod will lead Benton Library's Pre-school Story Time, a 45-minute program geared toward children between 3 and 5. It features a variety of stories, as well as music, finger plays and/or a craft. Parents and caregivers must remain with their preschooler during the program. Sign up is not required.
4. Playtime, a drop-in, informal playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers, where both children and adults can meet new friends, will meet in the Children's Room of the Belmont Public Library at 10:30 p.m. Call the Children's Room at 617-993-2880 with any questions.
5. In sports, come cheer on Belmont teams today: Volleyball will take on Arlington High in the Wenner Field House at 4 p.m. and Belmont Football will meet 14th ranked Reading High School under the lights at 6 p.m. at Harris Field.