1. The Foundation for Belmont Education is looking for volunteers to help plan its annual Spring Dinner taking place on March 22, 2014. You can either attend the Kick-Off Meeting on Thursday, November 7, at 7:30 p.m. in the Wellington Elementary School's Community Room. If you can not attend the meeting, contact one of the three coordinators. Give the Foundation five minutes, five hours or five days to make this very important fundraising event a success.
2. The Benton Library is opened late on the first Friday of each month from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. as Belmont's volunteer library remains open to residents to browse and borrow. Look at the latest New York Times best sellers, use the Wi-Fi and play board games with the kids. The Benton is located at the corner of Oakley and Old Middlesex.
3. Second Quarter Real Estate and Personal Property taxes are due in the Belmont Treasurer's Office by 4 p.m.
4. At 10:30 a.m., Denise Patnod will lead 's Pre-school Story Time, a 45-minute program geared toward children between 3 and 5. It features a variety of stories, as well as music, finger plays and/or a craft. Parents and caregivers must remain with their preschooler during the program. Sign up is not required.
5. Morning yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.