1. Calling all Chenery Middle School students! Stop by the Belmont Public Library's Assembly Room from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. for the first "Homework & Hot Chocolate" event for middleschoolers ONLY. Bring your homework and enjoy a cuppa hot chocolate on this early release Wednesday.
2. Sustainable Belmont is sponsoring a talk by Richard Clapp, professor emeritus at Boston University School of Public Health at 7 p.m. at the Belmont Public Library. Clapp will describe the major effects of climate change on public health. Clapp will present some of the policy options at local, regional and national levels that can reduce future public health impacts of climate change.
3. Unlock the potential of the iPad by learning how to download free e-books, audiobooks, and magazines from the library at the first Go Digital @ Your Library at the Belmont Public Library in the Flett Room from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. No experience necessary. Bring your portable device if you own one. The class is free. Space is limited, so register at the reference desk or register online here.
4. The Benton Library Book Group will meet at 4 p.m. to discuss Craig Thompson’s “Habibi." Newcomers are welcome even if they have not read the book. The book group meets on the first Wednesday of every month at the library located at 75 Oakley Rd. at the corner of Oakley & Old Middlesex.
5. Podiatrist Dr. David Alper will be at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St. starting at 11 a.m. The charge is $20; no insurance is excepted. Register in person today.