1. How are you sleeping these days? Join Bob Jones and Dr. Jason Paruthi for a talk at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech Street, today from 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. on why sleep matters, how our sleep cycle changes as we get older and what we can do to improve our sleep. They will talk about how much sleep we need and what sleep problems are serious enough that you should go see your doctor.
2. The Planning Board will meet tonight at 7 p.m. to discuss changing the site plan approval for the Wellington Elementary School so the School Committee can plan the possibility of installing roof-mounted solar energy panels on the roof.
3. At 10:30 a.m., Summer intern Lenora Ellison will be leading the Benton Library's Pre-school Story Time, a 45-minute program geared toward children between 3 and 5. It features a variety of stories, as well as music, finger plays and/or a craft. Parents and caregivers must remain with their preschooler during the program. Sign up is not required.
4. The Belmont Public Library's Children's Room is holding Storytime for 2’s and 3’s. Due to overwhelming popularity, this storytime is offered both at 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Bring your little ones for stories, songs, and more. Both programs will take place in the Flett Room, across from the Children's Room.
5. A big game for Belmont High School's young Field Hockey team as they will play for the Middlesex League's Liberty Division championship as they host a rematch with co-leaders Lexington High at 3:30 p.m. on Harris Field. The Marauders (12-3-1) defeated the Minutemen in Lexington, 2-0, earlier in the season.