1. The Golden Tones, made up of seniors from the Wayland Council on Aging, will be in concert at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St., 1:15 to 2:15 P.M. Free. This nonprofit, 25-year-old chorus performs 50 shows a year, serves over 2,000 people, and has frequent and entertaining dance and costume changes. Their theme song describes their philosophy: "Music gives you such a lift!"
2. Belmont Town Offices are back from summer hours: the departments will close Fridays at 4 p.m.
3. The Benton Library will be opened from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. as Belmont's volunteer library opens its doors to residents and Browse and borrow. Look at the latest New York Times best sellers. Use our Wi-Fi. The Benton is open late on the first Friday of the month.
4. Looking for some great titles for your book club? Check out Belmont Public Library's book club kits. Each bag contains eight oio copies of the same title and a list of discussion questions. We now have 16 titles to choose from, including Defending Jacob, The Language of Flowers, and Wildby Cheryl Strayed. Click here to find out more about book club kits and how to reserve them.
5. At 10:30 a.m., Denise Patnod will lead Benton Library's Pre-school Story Time, a 45-minute program geared toward children between 3 and 5. It features a variety of stories, as well as music, finger plays and/or a craft. Parents and caregivers must remain with their preschooler during the program. Sign up is not required.