1. Learn more about the possible new community pool as the Underwood Pool Buiding Committee will be meeting at 6 p.m. in Conference Room #2 of Belmont Town Hall.
2. The Book Club for Chenery Middle School students in fifth and sixth grades (the lower school) will be held from 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Children's Work Room of the Belmont Public Library.
3. Infant Lapsit Storytime at the Belmont Public Library is for infants and pre-walkers. Come enjoy songs, finger plays and rhymes chosen especially for our littlest readers. The fun starts in the Flett Room at 10:30 a.m.
4. In sports, it's the final home match for the wildly successful Boys' Golf team as they host Woburn High at 3 p.m. at Belmont Country Club while equally successful Boys' Soccer will take on rivals Arlington High at 6 p.m.
5. On this day in 1849, Frederic Chopin died at 39 in Paris of "consumption." His coffin is sprinkled with earth he had kept from his homeland, Poland. His Marche Funebre was played.