The bad news: now comes more than three weeks of detours, noise and asphalt as the town contractors will begin paving the recently dug up streets.
The Belmont Department of Public Works has released the work schedule for paving over the numerous water trenches that were dug up over the spring and summer in preparation for a more extensive redesign and reconstruction of the town's central business district in the coming years.
Until that work begins, the paving will allow some semblance of drivability for Belmont residents to must conquer a route through the Center.
From yesterday until Wednesday, Oct. 30, work will be ongoing during the day from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on streets leading to Belmont Center.
- Today, Oct. 22: Channing Road from Cross to Leonard streets.
- Oct. 23 and 24: Alexander Avenue from Pleasant to Claflin streets.
- Oct. 25 to Oct. 28: Concord Avenue from the Post Office to Cottage Street.
- Oct. 29 and 30: Leonard Street from Pleasant Street to Alexander Avenue.
- Oct. 31 to Nov. 6: Concord Avenue from Pleasant Street to the Post Office.
- Nov. 7 to Nov. 13: Leonard Street from Alexander to Concord avenues.