1. The Second Friday Coffeehouse presents Richard Curzi & Positive Energy with The Blood Mountain Brothers and The Linden Singers at 7:30 p.m. at The on Concord Avenue. Tickets at the door at $10.
The first set will be an unplugged acoustic set featuring Curzi on solo piano; First Church’s own a-cappella blue-grass gospel quartet, The Linden Singers, and The Blood Mountain Brothers that performed Americana roots music to great acclaim at Berklee Café 939. The second set will be classic Positive Energy fare, an unconventionally eclectic mix of nostalgic pop styles with lots of richly textured vocal harmonies and virtuosic instrumental improvisations.
2. Belmont Public Library's Senior Book Discussion Group will meet at 11 a.m. at the to discuss "Hiroshima" by John Hersey.
3. It is the final two days of the Belmont Public Schools Spring Art Show at the with art work from the Chenery Middle and Belmont High schools. The gallery is open today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
4. Come by the at 1 p.m. for an afternoon of dancing led by David Ching. Come for open ballroom, line dancing or just watching and listening to great music. No reservations required, just drop in for some fun.
5. Drop-in on a Vinyasa-style yoga class, taught by professional instructors, at the , at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Please bring your own mat. Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard and in the Claflin Street Parking Lot behind Belmont Center. The positioning will take place in Gardner Hall, at the back of the church – enter the hall from Alexander Street entrance. $10 for the session. Childcare is available for $6 per child. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.