1. Powers Music School faculty members pianist Kathryn Rosenbach and flutist Mary Neumann will be performing works by Schubert, Chopin and Fauré in "Romantics & Beyond," part of the the school's "Music on Mondays" series. The free concert gets underway at 7:30 p.m. in the school's newly-renovated Betsy Washburn Cabot Room. Space is limited so please arrive early. For more info call 617-484-4696.
2. Office hours for State Sen. Will Brownsberger will be held from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Claflin Room of the Belmont Public Library.
3. Register here to enter the 12th Annual Brendan's Home Run 5K walk and run will be held Sunday June 16 at Belmont High School track. This special Father's Day event is presented by: Belmont Savings Bank and The Belmont Dental Group, with contributing support provided by: Wheelworks, Champions Sporting Goods, Belmont Lions Club, and Fitness Together / Belmont.
4. Pan-Mass Challenge Belmont Kids Ride will take place at Belmont Hill School on Sunday, May 12 at 9 a.m. Children between 3 and 12 can come and ride their bikes and raise money to fight cancer. All funds raised go to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. The Pan-Mass Challenge is the nations leading athletic based bike-a-thon. The kids’ PMC is a safe and fun way for kids of all ages and biking levels to participate in charitable giving! Become a part of this healthy community activity that teaches kids they can make a difference. Join us for a party immediately following the ride. Click Here to Register Online .
5. On this day in 1954, Roger Bannister becomes the first person to break the four minute mile. See how fast you can run the mile today.