1. Belmont World Film presents the US premiere of "Istanbul, My Dream," by Ferenc Török, at 7:30 p.m. at Belmont's Studio Cinema, part of its 12th annual international film series, “Found in Translation." Tickets are $11. After literally going into shock after her husband of thirty years leaves her, a Hungarian woman (Dutch actress Johanna ter Steege of "The Vanishing" fame) finds renewed passion after hitchhiking her way to Istanbul. The premiere will be preceded by a reception sponsored by the Hungarian Consulate of Boston. Tickets can be bought here.
2. Minuteman Technical Institute will be hosting an Open House this Spring for interested students to learn about post-graduate programs and the application process. Open Houses will be held at Minuteman Technical Institute, 758 Marrett Road, Lexington at 7 p.m. For more information and to RSVP, go to www.minutemanti.org or call 781-861-7151.
3. A caucus of Precinct 8 Town Meeting members is taking place between 7:30 p.m. to 9 a.m. in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library.
4. Movement and Music with Rubi is a program recommended for children from three to five years old but two year olds are also welcome. It all takes place in the downstairs Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library at 9:30 a.m. for those early risers and 10:30 a.m. for the sleepy heads.
5. Belmont High School's Girls' Tennis will host Winchester today at 3:30 p.m. at the school's tennis courts.