1. The Beech Street Center welcomes Belmont Public Library librarian Miriam MacNair as she leads a book discussion of "The Leftovers," by Belmont's Tom Perrotta as part of the library's One Book One Belmont community reading event. Everyone in town is welcome to attend the discussion which will take place at 11 a.m. in the second floor conference room at the Center located at 266 Beech St.
2. The fall high school sports season is on the wain so here is your chance to see some great action close to home: Belmont High School's Field Hockey team will be at Harris Field at 3:30 p.m. to take on Arlington High School and the Girls' Volleyball team is taking on Burlington at the Wenner Field House at 4 p.m. Take your pick.
3. At 10:30 a.m., the Benton Library – the town's all volunteer library – is hosting Friday Morning Story Time for children 3 through 5 led by Denise Patnod. Parents or caregivers must be in attendance. Registration is not required. The library is open every Friday morning from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
4. Playtime is a drop-in, informal playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers, where both children and adults can meet new friends. The fun starts at 10:30 a.m. in the Children's Room of the Belmont Public Library. Call the Children's Room at 617-993-2880 with any questions.
5. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.