1. It is town election day in Belmont. Go out and vote.
2. In recognition of the 30th anniversary of the founding of Solidarity in Poland, Belmont World Film's Film Festival will screen "The Mole" at 7:30 p.m. at the on Trapelo Road. Shot in both France and Poland, the film calls a Solidarity hero's past into question. After the film, Igor Lukes, Honorary Consul of the Czech Republic in Boston and Professor of History & International Relations at Boston University, will speak on the movie. Many World Film fans will recall Lukes' riveting discussion after last year's screening of Kawasaki's "Rose." It should be another great evening. Tickets are $10, come early as screenings have been well attended.
3. The All-Town Elementary Concert will take place at 7:30 p.m. at the .
4. The annual Kindergarten registration for children entering school in September, 2012 will be held at the from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
5. World Autism Awareness Day shines a bright light on autism as a growing global health crisis. WAAD activities help to increase and develop world knowledge of the autism epidemic and impart information regarding the importance of early diagnosis and early intervention. Additionally, WAAD celebrates the unique talents and skills of persons with autism and is a day when individuals with autism are warmly welcomed and embraced in community events around the globe.