1. The presents The Tom Nutile Big Band playing traditional swing, high-energy modern jazz, pop, rock, Latin, jump, lindy, waltzes and, yes, even polkas. Thanks to sponsors Roberts Salon & Spa and Watertown Savings Bank. Opening the show is Belmont Idol winner Olivia Kerins. The festivities begin at 6:45 p.m.
2. Vermont's favorite puppet/actor's troupe PuppeTree gives a fresh new twist to the well-loved picture book Caps for Sale. The fun begins in the Assembly Room of the at 2 p.m.
3. It's the final days to ask for helpf from the Teen Tech Tutors continue to help residents decipher their gadgets or online sites from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Young Adults Room of the students will work with library patrons in one-on-one meetings on topics including Facebook, email, Ebooks, and general computer help. Call 617-993-2870 and please indicate which topic you would like to have covered.
4. Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at theat 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.
5. On this day in 1981, MTV begins broadcasting in the United States and airs its first video, "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles.