1. It's market day in Belmont as the is open behind Macy's at Cross St and Channing Rd. in Belmont Center from 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Part-time vendors here this week include: Nutting Farm (maple products), Wild Acres Inn (plants, produce), Something Sweet Without Wheat, Buttergirl Baking, Soluna Farms (herbs, teas) and Janique's madeleines. Karen Allendoerfer, violin, and her children, Helena (violin) and Eric (cello), will play string trios and fiddle tunes starting at 4 p.m.
2. Silly storyteller Suzy Magoozie brings her stupendously silly stories to life with puppets, props and music at 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Assembly Room at the Belmont Public Library.
3. Belmont High School and Chenery Middle School activity, arts and athletic fees can now be paid on-line at the schools web site.
4. Drop-in Vinyasa-style yoga classes, taught by professional instructors, will be held this evening at 7 p.m. at the 582 Pleasant St. All levels welcome. Please bring your own mat. Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard, and in the Claflin Street Parking Lot behind Belmont Center. The positioning will take place in Gardner Hall, at the back of the church – enter the hall from Alexander Street entrance. $10 for the session. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
5. Go out tonight to see the first of two full moons this month, a rare occurance - the next time this will occur in 2015. And what is this moon known as? A Blue Moon as in "as rare as a blue moon."